Adverts based mostly in your shopping historical past are nothing new. Quite the opposite, it’s a widespread and controversial phenomenon, however now Google is rolling out new instruments to present you extra management over advert serving in Chrome. If you happen to’ve just lately reinstalled the browser, you might have already obtained a notification about this, however both means, it’s completely doable to do away with this kind of persistent advertisements.
On this article, we present you do it. Our little mini-guide relies on the desktop model of Google’s browser. It really works just about the identical within the cell model of Chrome.
- Faucet the three vertical dots within the prime proper nook, subsequent to your profile image. Choose Settings.
- Within the left-hand menu that seems, choose Privateness and safety.
- On the prime, you’ll see a Chrome privateness information, which you’ll learn if you wish to know extra about how the browser can goal advertisements to you. However our objective is additional down the web page, scroll to Advert privateness and click on via.
- On this web page you may be offered with three selections. Click on on Advert subjects.
- Right here is the slider we’re on the lookout for. By dragging it, you activate or off advert subjects, that are based mostly in your pursuits based mostly on shopping historical past. When you’ve got the characteristic turned on, you may as well handle which particular promoting subjects are related together with your shopping profile.
Performed! By going again one step — again to Advert integrity — you’ll be able to proceed with a couple of different settings. For instance, you may as well flip off recommended adverts on web sites, which means that web sites you go to can see what you want and recommend adverts.
This text was translated from Swedish to English and initially appeared on pcforallase.