You is likely to be questioning if it can save you your companion in Starfield. No, we’re not speaking about anybody getting downed on account of relentless assaults from alien beasts, or as a result of they began floating round randomly. We’re speaking a few extra drastic incident that happens in A Excessive Worth to Pay. Our information discusses every little thing you want to learn about this second, in addition to the workarounds we have tried. Likewise, please be reminded that this text incorporates spoilers.
Are you able to save your companion in Starfield
The Starfield companion in query is the one which dies in A Excessive Worth to Pay (we advised you there can be spoilers). The hunt itself requires you to decide on between two places: The Lodge or The Eye. A companion within the location that you simply did not select will perish.
As of the time of this writing, we’re unable to verify what truly impacts the selection of companion. We do consider that it is likely to be because of the affinity system–i.e. the companions with the 2 highest approvals/relationship ranges will likely be chosen at that stage. One among them will die to make for a extra impactful second within the story.
Our writers in contrast notes on this occasion:
- One author had Sarah in The Eye and Sam in The Lodge.
- One other author had Sarah in The Eye and Andreja in The Lodge.
- In these situations, they each had the best affinity with Sarah (The Eye). In the meantime, Sam and Andreja (The Lodge) had the second highest affinity of their respective campaigns.
- After making a fateful choice, the companion within the location that they didn’t select died.
So, are you able to save your companion in Starfield? The reply is no–or, a minimum of we have not discovered a working technique that enables that. Here is what we have tried thus far:
- We tried to speedrun the entire thing: exit The Lodge, go to The Eye, rescue the survivor, then return to The Lodge, all whereas ignoring every little thing else. One companion in The Lodge nonetheless died.
- The Starborn powers that we had on the time additionally did not work.
- As an apart, we additionally tried console instructions, particularly “participant.placeatme” with a companion’s ID. We did see character fashions with wispy smoke round them. We consider these character fashions had extra to do with the ending scenes than this specific quest.
The companion loss of life is tied to the story
Total, we consider that it is actually not doable to avoid wasting your companion in Starfield, because it’s closely tied to the story. We have added a couple of particulars that transpire close to the tip of the sport, and in New Recreation Plus. Learn the spoilers at your individual danger.
It is revealed that one of many Starborn, the Emissary, is the lifeless companion, however they’re from one other universe. Of their universe, it was your character that perished, which motivated them to succeed in the Unity, ultimately turning into the Emissary that you simply meet in your travels.
In case you determine to skip the principle quest in New Recreation Plus, you may blurt out that you simply’re Starborn now. You will then disclose to your companion that they died in your universe.
That is every little thing you want to learn about A Excessive Worth to Pay and if it can save you your companion in Starfield. After this half, there’s an emotional second the place Constellation says goodbye to one among their members. That additionally results in Walter asking you to assist his R&D workforce, which nets you a free Class-C Kepler ship. The subsequent vital essential quest that we talk about is the Unity puzzle.
Starfield is a large sport with quite a few planets to discover. For different ideas and techniques, you possibly can go to our guides hub.
The merchandise mentioned right here have been independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot could get a share of the income in the event you purchase something featured on our web site.