What to know about brain-eating amoeba, symptoms and how to avoid it

As People discover methods to deal with an unusually sweltering summer season, lots of them have taken to our bodies of water to chill off. However a minimum of two individuals who ventured to freshwater swimming holes this summer season have died after contracting an amoeba that devours mind tissue.

A person died after he was contaminated by the amoeba, whose scientific identify is Naegleria fowleri, the Georgia Division of Public Well being stated Friday. Earlier this month, Nevada public well being officers stated a boy died of the identical an infection after he in all probability got here into contact with the amoeba at Ash Springs, a scorching springs about 100 miles north of Las Vegas.

Source Link

Spread the love

Leave a Reply